We need your help
Although we receive support from the government departments, we still have many gaps in our budget. We have a high staff complement and we are committed to provide training for our carers so that they can give the most appropriate and understanding care to our residents. We would like to extend our service by providing more on-site occupational opportunities and more outings and community contact. All these efforts are costly and usually beyond our budget.
The Open Circle Community & Volunteers
The Open Circle welcomes and needs community involvement. If you are interested in joining The Open Circle Community, please fill in the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our Management Committee will contact you. As a member of The Open Circle Community, you will receive quarterly newsletters and be informed of upcoming events and new projects.
“Adopt” a resident Project
Many of our residents do not have family contact. Therefore we are encouraging the community to support such individuals by spoiling them with a gift on their birthday, visiting them from time to time or even buying them something special for Christmas.
If you have training, a special skill or even just love and care that could provide extra support and stimulation to our organisation, please contact Roxanne on 021-5101259 or fill in the form below.
Volunteer Recruitment and placement companies:
The Open Circle has hosted various International Volunteers assigned by recruitment and placement agencies for their clinical internships. Our Occupational Therapist is available to support and supervise these volunteers.
Any enquiries on the above volunteering opportunities, please contact Roxanne on 021-5101259 or fill in the form below.
Thank you for your interest in making a donation to The Open Circle. Your contribution would be much appreciated.
Tax benefits: All donations made to The Open Circle are exempt from donations tax and qualify the donor for deductions from taxable income in accordance with the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962. Should you wish to make a donation, we are able to provide you with a section 18A tax certificate – please contact us on 021-5101259 or email@example.com
Monthly contributions or one time donations:
For monthly contributions and one time donations via EFT, here are our banking details :
Standard Bank (Kromboom)
Branch No: 026209
Account No: 135240395
Reference: Donation with name / only Donation
If you wish to make a monthly contribution via debit order, please call the office on 021-5101259 to set this up or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also make a donation using Snapscan. Simply scan the QR code below and enter the amount you would like to contribute.
The Open Circle has become a member of the MySchoolCard program. By signing up for a MySchool card or linking your Woolworths card and choosing The Open Circle as your beneficiary, you will be raising funds for us at no cost to you, every time you swipe your card.
Wish list 2022 -2023
During the year, we find ourselves in need of items which are not in our budget. Some of these items are operational but others will make a difference to the occupational and recreational activities of the residents.
- Linen: Unused pillows, single duvet inners and other single/ ¾ bedding including fitted sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, blankets and twin pack curtains, bath, and hand towels (preferably white), wash cloths
- Occupational Therapy Program: Trampoline (inground), Adult sensory hammock, Adult large boxing bag, Gardening supplies and equipment
- Garden: Outdoor benches and other garden furniture; well-point/borehole
- Kitchen equipment: Industrial non-stick pans; Cake mixer, large pots to use on gas stove, eating utensils, 4 plate stove with oven for OT kitchen (small), Kitchen trolley
- Laundry Equipment: Washing machine and dryer roughly 18kg front-loaders
- Other electronics: Boom box/speaker, any radios that are in working condition, microwaves, toasters, kettles, pedestal fans, oil fin-heaters
- Maintenance: Any tools
- Nursing/Medical: HGT machine; AED Defib; Manual Evacuation chair for emergencies
- Clothing: Female sizes 40 and above; Male various sizes (Please contact us first)
- Toiletries: Specifically: toothbrushes, soap, lotions, sprays, underarm, shampoo, conditioner
- Groceries Non-perishables
- Funding: Project to complete the Sensory/ Memory Garden and outside Leisure Project (R80 000) and Renovations of Secretaries House
If you can assist with any of these items, please FIRST contact the Facility Manager on 021-5101259 or email at email@example.com.